Tips for good health
- Quit smoking now.
- Drink within safe limits (men 21 units/week – women 14 units/week approx) (1 unit = 1 short = ½ pint).
- Watch diet/weight – cut down on fats (esp. animal) eat more fruit, vegetables and whole grain food.
- For women – 3 yearly smears and monthly (self) breast checks, and check you are immune to rubella.
- Children – check-ups and immunisations.
- Take advice before you travel abroad.
- Elderly, diabetic and patients with chest problems – flu jabs in October/November is recommended.