The district Nurses will visit high dependency patients in their own homes. They are based at the Innovation Centre Evolution Park and can be contacted on 01254 283800. There will be a receptionist to take a message Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm. There is an answerphone at Weekend and Bank Holidays. Out of Hours District Nurses are available 6.00pm until 8.00am on 01254 752144.
Health Visitors are qualified Nurses with special training and experience in child health, health promotion and education. They offer practical support and advice in a host of diverse situations. The Health Visiting service aims to promote the health of the whole community and help you lead as healthy a life as possible, both physically and mentally.
Every family with a child under five has a named Health Visitor who can advise on:
- Everyday difficulties, such as teething, sleeping and feeding.
- Parenting classes, sleep clinics and managing difficult behaviour.
- Any special needs your child may have.
- Providing sensible, practical and professional advice on how to stay healthy.
- Running health promotion groups, such a ‘quit smoking’ groups.
- Parenting and baby massage groups.
- Advise you on a healthy lifestyle, such as diet and exercise.
You can contact them by telephoning 01254 283030.
To make your first antenatal booking appointment with a midwife, please ring 01282 804512, between the hours 9am and 12pm Monday to Friday